Thank you to everyone who came to the Matanzas sea level rise planning workshops last week. A total of 100 people participated. We appreciate your time and effort, especially since the workshops were highly interactive. The workshop agenda was:
- Welcome by Dr. Michael Shirley, Director of the GTM Research Reserve
- Participant keypad polling led by Ms. Emily Montgomery, Coastal Training Program Coordinator for the GTM Research Reserve
- Project Introduction, Findings and Strategies by Dr. Dawn Jourdan, Collaboration Lead, and Dr. Kathryn Frank, Principal Investigator
- Matanzas Basin Visioning large group exercise led by Emily Montgomery
- Adaptation Strategies Game small group exercise developed by Ms. Briana Ozor, UF Graduate Student
- Posters and maps: Project Overview, Study Area, Low-Lying Places, Sea Level Affecting Marshes Model, and Impacts and Adaptation Strategies
The project team will summarize participants’ adaptation planning preferences and post the summary to this website. We will bring these results together with those of other stakeholder group workshops in the spring, and the information will inform the next year of planning to develop future land use scenarios and an adaptation strategies toolbox for the region. We look forward to seeing everyone again as the project progresses.